4.15.2012

solo trip to iowa

a million years ago
  in a dream I had
what feels like forever ago
The last weekend-ish of March, Nick sent me home to Iowa for a few {child free!} days. :) I LOVE my kids, but sometimes you need a break. If you're a mama, you know. :)
I spent 3 full blissful days with dear dear friends and family :)
Friday, I got to see Bekah and the girls, Amber and Miles, and Ashley, Katie and their kiddos. It was wonderful (forgot my camera, so no pictures...boo)!!
Saturday, Mom and I spent the entire day at the East Village downtown and then over to Valley Junction. Then I saw my dad for a bit before heading for margaritas at On the Border with Mom :)

Top left to right: cool spice shop in the village. My favorite sculpure, Nomade, at the Pappajohn Sculpture Park. One of the old chandeliers from the old Younkers Tea Room (such a cool place!)
Left to right: mom and I in the Nomade :) and at On the Border {margaritas!}

Sunday I slept in :), went for a {child free} run, then over to see my dad, stepmom, and 2 younger brothers (Josh is still in Hawaii). We ate yummy food and just hung out. It was wonderful :)
Russell Brand Caleb teaching Jake to make guac. Dad, Pam, and me.

That evening, my sister-in-love ;) Yvonne and her hubs, D'Angelo, came over with the boys (Ahman and my nephew, Noah) for some Casey's taco pizza. If you've had it...you will understand how amazing it was :) My stepdad was back from the cabin and my stepbrother, Jesup, is in DSM, so I got to see him too. I cannot tell you how refreshing and great it was to see everyone!
Mom, Rob, and Noah.  Yvonne, Noah and me.
Ahman and Noah :)
Yvonne and D'Angelo (2 of my favorite persons ever)
Jake, Russell Brand Caleb, Mom and me

The long weekend FLEW by...and honestly feels like a dream!
I miss you all so much!! :)
xoxo




2 comments:

Nate and Natalie Monday, April 16, 2012 at 5:40:00 AM PDT  

Lucky you, talk about a fun and memorable trip. You, like all us moms deserve some alone time.

Steph Monday, April 16, 2012 at 6:28:00 AM PDT  

Is it bad that I'm trying to decide if I'm more jealous that you had 3 days of child-free living OR that you got to eat Casey's Taco Pizza???!! ;)

Labels

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP