3.02.2009

I am in tears right now. Tonight we decided to work on some "discipline" with Adelyn. After her bath and feeding, we laid her down in her cradle...AWAKE...WITHOUT ROCKING HER TO SLEEP. She is actually doing pretty well...she hasn't been wailing for an hour straight like I thought she would, but she is wailing. :( She cries for 10 minutes, is quiet for a few minutes, then starts up again...but the minutes between crying are getting longer, so I think that's a good thing, right? I know the earlier you start, the easier it can be...but still...my baby is crying and I HATE it because I know I could stop it by just getting her up and rocking her...but I know it is necessary for her to learn to fall asleep on her own...we are trying to cultivate a habit of self discipline for her...but I think it's also going to be an experience of learning for Nick and I too....
So to make this post "happier" (more for my sake than for yours) :) I'm going to add some pictures Nick took of her on Saturday while we were visiting my dad and step-mom...
on a better note: Adelyn is smiling at us now! It's so fun! I have it on video, but I can't get it to post...so stay tuned and hopefully I can get it to work...


0 comments:

Labels

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP