1.13.2010

Adelyn's birthday party

We celebrated Adelyn's birthday on Sunday, January 10. Steph and Nora were in town from AZ and Nick's mom and Sara and Kyle came down from MN. Other family members from the DSM area came as well and then our good friends, Zeb and Bekah came over with their little girl, Claire.

I honestly had almost forgotten that we were doing a birthday party. We were in Chicago with Zeb and Bekah until Friday and then Saturday I realized I should probably get some decorations and make the cupcakes! I don't know why it didn't click that family were coming over for a birthday party....I found this cute paper pink polka dot lanterns at Card Pary Outlet...and then I made this "happy birthday" sign out of fun scrapbook paper....the cupcakes completed the decor :)
On the menu were assorted varieties of cupcakes :) as well as some fruit and dip. Nothing big, but I think it all tasted pretty good :)


I did a terrible job with taking pictures this weekend while everyone was here, but here is what I got (I realized I don't have a picture of Steph! I'm terrible, I know...)
Clockwise from top left: my dad and Pam with Addy, my mom with Addy, Ardyce with Addy and Nora, Sara and Kyle with Nora, and Claire bear(My stepdad and father-in-law were unable to make it).

I went back and forth whether or not to let Addy have a cupcake. I realized "hello! It's her first birthday!" So she did get one....and another later on :) She didn't know what to think at first, but then she totally went to town and LOVED it (I'm pretty sure she has her mother's sweet tooth...uh-oh).
We also Skyped with my brother, Josh, and then with Nick's dad and brother b/c they were unable to make it :(

A huge thank you to everyone who was able to make it to celebrate with us. We are so blessed by you and are so thankful for you. Adelyn (and Nick and I of course) are incredibly blessed to have such fantastic family and friends! We love you.

Next year I'm thinking a fun french circus theme....


...more of a girlie color scheme, though :)

1 comments:

alan and steph Thursday, January 14, 2010 at 7:17:00 AM PST  

SOOOOO happy we could be there. Everything was great Abby.

Labels

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP