4.21.2011

Pismo Beach

I love my husband's job :)
This last weekend, we went to Pismo Beach with Nick because he had to visit some more dealers in his territory.
I love the coast.
Adelyn LOVED the beach and the ocean (the water was FREEZING and it didn't bother her or Mason).
Our hotel was right on the beach, so you could hear the roar of the ocean constantly, and it was perfect since I was without a car this time...the kids and I could walk right out to the beach or walk on the boardwalk and downtown Pismo.
I have an obsession with piers. That was one of my favorite things to do was just walk on the pier.
This one was built in 1881 and was built to accomodate steamboat traffic (so cool!). It's been restored a few times from damaging storms, but I think it's so pretty and crazy to be walking 1700+ feet out onto the ocean! :)
this is from the boardwalk outside of our hotel (The Sandcastle...cute name, right?)


Mason chilling in the hotel while sissy is napping


Mason's first "dip" in the ocean :)
Adelyn has been in both the Pacific and Atlantic oceans now :)


Nick and Mason hanging out on the blanket while I watch Adelyn run around and play with seaweed and anything else the tide left behind (yuck)

Mason looks like a goof in the hat :)
Oh well..it served its purpose well :)


Before we left for home, we ate lunch at this cafe. It has the most AMAZING clam chowder I have ever tasted. Period.
Have I mentioned I LOVE seafood? Because I really do.

at the end of the pier...Adelyn is mowing an ice cream cone :)

view of our hotel from the end of the pier. It's the white building with blue awnings on it. Cool, huh? :)


One more picture before we left for home.

Did I mention I love the coast? :) Because I do.

2 comments:

Nate and Natalie Thursday, April 21, 2011 at 2:24:00 PM PDT  

Beautiful pictures of family, kids and ocean!!! Looks perfect.

Cultivating Good Things Monday, April 25, 2011 at 1:54:00 PM PDT  

I am so glad you loved the Splash Cafe! It is my Favorite!!! It looks like you had a wonderful trip and the weather looked beautiful tooooo :)

Labels

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP