6.18.2009

not much to say

I know it's been a while since I've "written", but I don't have a lot to say right now.
Nick is in Utah right now with a small group of people from church to share the gospel with Mormons. Adelyn and I went to stay at my Mom and step-dad's Monday until today b/c I had to work Tuesday and Wednesday, so it was just easier to already be at their house instead of having to make the trek from Ankeny to Clive at 6am those 2 days. It was nice to spend some time with them.
We are back at home now and I'm just lonely. Our neighbor, Bekah (her husband, Zeb, and Nick are like BFFs:) and her 9 week old daughter, Claire, were going to come over for a bit tonight while, but I haven't been feeling too great today and had a bit of a temp, so I told them to stay home....bummer...
Do you ever have those "dark" times (I can't think of a better way to put it...) when you don't have the desire to spend time with the Lord? It's SO easy to get stuck in the routine of your days and the last thing you want is "one more thing".....I'm at that point right now...I've been there for a while to be honest. I can't remember the last time I sat down with my bible and just read and talked to God. I do the little prayers throughout the day when I'm frustrated, impatient, thankful, happy.....the "emotional" prayers I guess you could say...but my heart, mind and soul are dry and desperate for the water Christ provides.
I suppose I'm putting this out there not only to let y'all know that I'm having a hard time, but also b/c I know some might keep me accountable on disciplining myself... :)
I guess I can stop there :) I don't know what else to say. I'm tired and should probably head to bed. I'm having Adelyn sleep in bed with me....I've never liked it when Nick is gone...and having her there in the same room is a comfort for me...kinda funny huh? :)
Anyway...
goodnight.

1 comments:

Marti Friday, June 19, 2009 at 1:05:00 PM PDT  

Hey you! Sorry you're feeling lonely. Just wanted to let you know I have those dark times too. I usually know I'm rebelling from God when I refuse to sit and meet with Him. My suggestion: do it. Right away. Take some time with your King. The dishes, laundry and vacuuming can wait. Your relationship with your Savior can't. Remember, Jesus is light...only He can truly bring you out of the dark! Take care and know you're not alone...

Marti

Labels

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP