7.15.2009

Question: How did it go for you?

So Adelyn turned 6 months on Saturday! I can't belive it.
She had her check up/vaccinations on Monday. She's 25 3/4 inches (55 percentile) 18 lbs (85 percentile) and she still has a smaller head :)
Anyway...we've been doing rice cereal for a few months and she's doing great. Our Dr. said we could start green veggies anytime...I'm not ready quite yet and I feel like her digestive system needs to develop a bit more....but I ordered this book Super Baby Foods yesterday and am excited to get it...it has recipes and how to prepare baby foods and other good stuff...it's super informative and I'm pretty excited about it.
So I'm not presuming that a ton of people read our blog, but I'm curious how transitioning to foods went for other parents/babies.....How did it go for you? What did you try first? Any experience you want to share that we could learn from??

4 comments:

nealy Wednesday, July 15, 2009 at 2:37:00 PM PDT  

I stared to post a comment, then realized it was too long and just made it a posting. So see my blog. =)

Angela Thursday, July 16, 2009 at 1:55:00 PM PDT  

Abel transitioned to solids very well at around 5 months of age, but Amariah wouldn't have any of it until about 7 1/2 months of age. With both kids we introduced all the vegetables before the fruits, as I had been told that babies tend to not eat veggies if they've already tasted fruit. (Maybe the veggie rejection isn't preventable--Amariah started refusing even her favorite veggies once we had introduced the fruits.) As I recall, the orange veggies went over well with both Abel and Amariah, and neither of them would eat the green veggies (especially peas). I have to wonder if homemade baby food wouldn't go over better than the stuff in the jar. I would like to try making my own for the twins, so let me know what you learn!

Joab Meyer Thursday, July 16, 2009 at 5:03:00 PM PDT  

congrats! On new foods. I made all my own baby food. Really it is quite easy- and saves a ton of money. My daughter only ate bananas until she was 17 mon! But my son loved it all! I would only introduce one new food at a time, and save the sweet ones for last or they will not want the green veggies! Also the poop gets REALLY gross the more food you put inside them.

Melissa Sunday, July 19, 2009 at 7:46:00 PM PDT  

I started too many solids, too soon with Sam and Jack and it screwed up my milk supply and their health, so I'm an example of what NOT to do. :)

I forgot to mention today another easy baby food to make...just stick a sweet potato in the oven to bake then mash.

Now I'm reading that it's best to wait until 12 months to introduce grains (and some would say any baby food), but I've decided that I know very little about most everything, so who knows.

Way to go on feeding baby healthy homeade food though. :) You will never regret it!

Labels

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP