9.15.2009

better for you(?) buffalo chicken salad...yumminess

I LOVE cooking shows...when I was holed up in the freezing weather with a newborn :) I discovered television. We still had cable at the time, so the "world" was my playground. One show I came to enjoy was (don't laugh) Cook Yourself Thin on (again, don't laugh) Lifetime.

They took some everyday not-so-great for you dishes and recreated them with healthier ingredients...it become one of my little projects to try some of their recipes and they were actually pretty good. One that Nick and I like (me more so because it's fairly quick and super easy) is the Buffalo Chicken Salad. I tweak it a bit when I make it for Nick's and my taste...but below is the original recipe. It's pretty good. Let me know if you try and what you think.



Buffalo Chicken Salad

4 chicken breasts
Planko bread crumbs (usually in the Asian section of the supermarket)
chopped lettuce

marinade:
2T. hot sauce
1t. apple cider vinegar
1/4 t. salt
1t. brown sugar
~marinade chicken breasts for 10 minutes
~coat chicken with Planko bread crumbs (you can use a little olive oil brushed on chicken to help
help crumbs stick easier)
~bake chicken on wire rack for 12-18 minutes at 400 degrees

bleu cheese dressing:
2T buttermilk
1/4 c. plain yogurt
1/4t. pepper
1/4c. bleu cheese crumbles
~mix dressing and salad
~top with cooked chicken




0 comments:

Labels

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP