11.05.2009

cranberry, steak, walnut salad

I love this salad. It's so yummy. My step sister-in-law made something similar for my step-sister's baby shower and I did some research online (instead of doing the easy thing and just asking her for the recipe!) and found one like it. I did some tweaking and this is what I came up with. I really like it and it's pretty quick and super easy.

My task now is to find out how to make it healthier (all that sugar!) since we are going on a sugar hiatus and changing our diet a bit :) Hm...this will be interesting...

Salad ingredients (I don't really have measurements for some of these...just add to your liking):
1 head romaine lettuce chopped
dried cranberries
walnuts
bleu cheese (I actually like feta cheese here too instead)
cherry tomatoes halved
1-2 grilled steaks (I use the cheap round steak...but New York strip is super good on this one)
basil (fresh or dried)
lemon juice

Dressing ingredients:
1 cup olive oil
1/2 cup balsalmic vinegar
lemon juice to taste
salt and pepper to taste

Season steak with basil and grill. Season with lemon juice when steak is finished. Cut into strips.
Mix together romaine, tomatoes, walnuts, cranberries, cheese, and strip in bowl.
Toss with dressing.
Serve.
mmm.

p.s. if you want to make the salad last longer for left overs or something, don't mix it with the dressing...it'll keep for a few days ...

0 comments:

Labels

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP