5.23.2010

randomness and stroller envy

I laid Adelyn down for a nap almost 2 HOURS ago and she just fell asleep within the last 45 minutes. She was in her crib just playing and jabbering and I thought even if she doesn't nap, at least she'll have some "quiet time" :) Now she's asleep and I'm thinking 'dang it. I have to wake her up in a half hour to leave for small group...'  Funny how things NEVER go the way you'd like :) I am DYING to move. I really want out of this house. I want a yard for my daughter to run around it! We made the decision to wait another year, though, to pay down our mortgage more so we don't owe more than the house is worth...so we've been really knocking that down.  I am thankful for the home that we have....I know that there are people who have less. It's hard to be patient, though, when your 18 month old is getting bored and running out of space....the park that's near us really isn't friendly for kids her age, but there is an elementary school nearby with a playground that's pretty good and we've started to go there a lot more.
Baby #2 is doing well. I've been a lot sicker this time around...thankfully I have a daughter who plays well on her own, so there were alot of days where I'd just be laying on the floor watching her. I think we've passed the sick stage, though (woohoo!), b/c I have felt sick in at least 4 days! :) I have still been super tired, but I just nap with Addy in the morning and that sustains me pretty well for the rest of the day.....days that I work, though? Those are REALLY hard and I just leave for home EXHAUSTED. It could always be worse, though.
Baby #2 will be sleeping in our closet for those of you who have asked.  Adelyn will stay in her room in the crib and then we are just going to stick a pack n play in the closet....it'll do...I know some people who don't even have the space or closet that we have and are needing to get more creative than that! :)
I made cookies today. I didn't have any vanilla flavoring, so I used almond. They turned out pretty good and I may need to fiddle with that idea a bit more in the future :)
It's so humid outside! Thank you, Lord, for air conditioning.  I love being inside with the air on...so refreshing! I do not like being hot and sweating when I'm not trying to...like running/walking/exercising...I don't mind sweating...but just sitting outside? I don't like it when it's so humid out that you just sweat.
I like the dry AZ heat so much better...that hotness I can handle :)
I just realized I'm using a ton of smiley faces...

OOH...guess what I'm REALLY excited about...Chicco came out with a double stroller in April! woot woot! It's about time, people...look how preeeetty :)
Look how many directions you can fit the seat/kid? NOT your average double stroller here, people.
Apparently they are sold out EVERYWHERE and I DID put myself on the waiting list, thank you very much :) I never would have thought that there would be a day that I got excited over a double stroller...but here we are :)
I think I'll go read a while before we have to leave. We are grilling out and I'm pretty excited...I made this new salad from my Cooking Light Cookbook (the only cookbook I use anymore...I love love love it!) and it's pretty good, so we'll see how everyone else likes it. :)

2 comments:

nealy Monday, May 24, 2010 at 3:45:00 AM PDT  

That's a cool stroller... thanks for saharing. glad youy are feeling better!

Sara Monday, May 24, 2010 at 5:20:00 PM PDT  

That is a nice looking stroller! We have an older, hand-me-down stroller and they are wonderful! A must have when you're carting 2 kids around the park, zoo, or mall.

Labels

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP