9.21.2010

God has something else in mind...

....and that's totally okay with us! :)
A couple days ago, I posted this hinting at some possible changes with our family. Today we got the verdict.
About 2 weeks ago, Nick applied for a Territory Customer Service Manager position (still within John Deere) in Pasco, Washington. He basically would have gotten to drive around and work with farmers and dealers all day....sort of his dream job :) He has never been much of an office-type of person and he likes being out there and getting his hands dirty...this job lets him do that.
We have always been open to the possibility to leaving the midwest for a while...in fact, I really want to go somewhere else. I grew up in Waukee and went to college in Pella, Ames and then Des Moines (yes, I transferred a few times) ;) I've never lived anywhere outside of Iowa and Nick and I think it would be a good thing for our family to be somewhere unfamiliar.
When the Washington job opened up, Nick said, "babe, what do you think about Washington". I didn't even hesitate. I said, "go for it". He had the interview last week and we've been waiting to hear yes or no until today :)
The probability of him getting the job was high that this weekend I was researching school districts and neighborhoods, and looking at houses online. We found out today that the hiring manager made a decision to go with another guy for the job. I guess God decided there's something better for us.
We are both disappointed, but relieved at the same time. I was freaking out over the timing. With baby boy joining us in a few weeks and our house needing fixing (sore subject)....I was nervous about what we would do if he did get it and had to be out there in a few weeks.  Everything would have changed for us....we don't know anyone out there!
I'm disapointed b/c I know he really wanted the job and this is what he wants to do. The area is gorgeous and isn't too far from Canada, all of those vacation options within driving range! :) We both know that God has something better in mind. His timing is better than ours :) Jobs like these open up all over the U.S...so we are still keeping our eyes peeled...so who knows what could happen in the next few weeks ;)

2 comments:

Katie Chiaramonte Wednesday, September 22, 2010 at 6:18:00 AM PDT  

I for one am glad not to loose you! Hopefully, something will come up a little closer :)

Angela Wednesday, September 22, 2010 at 10:03:00 AM PDT  

I love the testimony of your willingness to follow God's lead! May He grant you both your heart's desires!

Labels

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP