12.03.2010

don't laugh...but I really love my...


...Belly Bandit!
Okay, so I know....I still laugh at myself for getting one of these, but I. am. hooked.
A few years ago, an acquaintance was talking about how she's seen these post partum abdominal binders in a magazine.  She said the article talked about how abdominal binding post pregnancy was making a come back. It's supposed to help get your belly looking not so deflated :) faster and help prevent stretch marks post partum.  Adelyn was about 3 months old at this point, but I was intrigued. I started doing a little online reading and found the Belly Bandit. I kept the info logged in my brain for later. :)
I wound up getting one right before I had Mason and I've worn it about every day and night since he's been around....and I love it!
You know how everything is just stretched out, so when the baby is gone, it all just hangs (aka: deflated balloon affect).....this thing holds it in AND (bonus!) helps to remind me to sit up and not slouch when I'm nursing. I used to lean forward to meet baby on the pillow, but this thing reminds me to bring baby to me...
You're supposed to wear this thing 24/7...take it off only to wash it or bathe....I wear it most of the time, but take it off when we go out b/c I do feel weird wearing it out of the house :)
Seriously, though, it is SO comfortable for me to wear and I just like how it holds my stomach in.
The only thing was figuring out what size to get. I wound up getting a small and it was pretty hard to fit at first :) but now I can velcro it just fine and still get it nice and tight. I just got the original bandit, but a coworker of mine tried the bamboo one and loved it.
For you preggers out there, I think this thing is totally worth the money and I would do it all over again. :)

3 comments:

Leah Friday, December 3, 2010 at 6:24:00 PM PST  

I bought a band like this from Medela at Babies R Us for $20. They say it is for "postpartum support". Liv was breech, and I had to have a c-section, so it helped the "feels like my stomach is going to fall out" feeling.

alan and steph Saturday, December 4, 2010 at 6:38:00 AM PST  

LOVE it! I'm totally going to have to look into this!

Nessa Monday, December 6, 2010 at 10:32:00 AM PST  

I used the belly bandit after Dede was born and it made all the difference. Highly suggest this to any new mom! :) I used the exact band from Babies r us and didn't really get the same experience--some brand names are worth it.

Labels

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP