12.31.2010

thoughts...

On moving:  January 12 is fast approaching! (Well, our stuff is being packed January 6 and then moved out January 7...we'll be staying with my mom and stepdad from then until the 12th when we fly out) Thankfully we don't have to do any packing (thank you, John Deere), so we've just been purging the store room and clearing out the storage unit....closets are next on the list :) I can't believe how much stuff we've been able to clear out!
We are both super excited. I'm looking forward to this "adventure" and I think that it's going to be really good for us as a couple, as well as a family.  I still get a pit in my stomach at the thought of leaving family...especially my mom. I'm going to miss her so much.  I can tell myself "it's only a few years" or "we'll be back to visit"....but it's not going to be the same without her close by and I still tear up at the thought. 
I'm so excited to move into the house. I can't wait to have a back yard. I can't wait to be able to have more room to play with Addy and play outside! We don't have a ton of space right now and Addy gets bored playing after a while, so let's just say movies have been a part of our daily life and I can't wait to keep the TV unplugged for a while in CA. We bought our first dining table a few weeks ago, and I cannot wait to put it to good use! I'm looking forward to meeting new people and trying new things. :)
I can't wait to decorate our new home...as much as I can anyway....they are pretty strict on how much they are going to let us do (no painting, can only hang frames with pictures hooks so no heavy objects like mirrors and stuff...).....but I'll work with what I've got :)

On being a family of 4: I love it and can't wait to be a family of 5. :)  End of story.
Mason is so laidback and easy going. He rarely gets upset. Adelyn loves him and can't get enough of him. She always wants to know where he is, and if he's crying...she lets me know :)  Nick has been able to be home ALOT and it's been fun for me just to be with my family and watch him interact with Adelyn and Mason....he's such a great dad.

On selling the house:  I cannot believe how fast our home sold. I'm so thankful that it's one less thing to worry about! The fact that it sold so quickly only solidified our decision even more that moving to CA is the right decision and what the Lord wants for us right now. I'm sad to be leaving our first home. Adelyn first smiled, spoke, crawled, walked, fell down the stairs :) in the home...we've brought home two children here.... as excited as I am for the house in CA, it's going to be hard to leave this house.

1 comments:

Amber Flinn Saturday, January 1, 2011 at 5:27:00 PM PST  

I didn't like selling our first house either. It was where we lived through our first meeting, engagement, and marriage. But then when all the stuff was out of there it was less sad because it didn't look so much like our home anymore. Either way, it's still hard. Hope to see you guys on Saturday! I love your comment about not being able to wait to be a family of five!!

Labels

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP