1.17.2012

adelyn's 3rd {official} bday party

I love birthdays. I love making a big deal out of birthdays.
Now that we got that out of the way....
We had Adelyn's official birthday party the Saturday after we got home from the great midwest (January 7, I think?)  ;)
I originally had "grand" schemes of a rainbow themed party because Adelyn has been into Rainbow Brite and rainbows. Everything arched and/or colorful is a rainbow.
I realized, though, that I had given myself one day between us getting back (late at night) and having the party. So I scratched grand ideas and went store-bought and easy...and a facebook invite ;)
 Booyah.
{thank you, Costco and Target)
The only thing "home made" at the entire thing was the cake...and it was not made from scratch.
So there.
;)
...without further ado...
Um, balloons are the greatest decor for a party EVER. They also make great party favors ;) along with silly straws. The kids had a blast with them....and they are just plain fun.
Adelyn wanted to "show" the table...
So we have the greatest friends and neighbors. They have a snow machine...and were gracious enough to bring it over for some fun in the sun in the snow ;)
It was really snow, though...more like teeny tiny bubbles...think laundry machine or dishwasher overflowing. So fun. I mean come on, people, it's bubbles!
The kids LOVED it.
{if you're wondering where Mason is...he was sleeping nearly the entire time...when he was up, he was a grouch. He was getting over roseola (boo) and we think he's working on his molars...}
I think at this point {below photo}, the blowers and gone out and the bubbles were just spilling out :)
These girls cracked me up. Adelyn loved having them over! She LOVES them...
Testing the cake before candles :)
Of course she had a meltdown right before we sang "happy birthday"...couldn't even tell you what about now...
:)
Mason chilled with Jeremy :)
The girls opened gifts...
...of course a {friendly} balloon fight also ensued...
We had so much fun having everyone over. We have been so blessed to have met and made great friends.
:)







0 comments:

Labels

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP