10.26.2008

almost 29 weeks...

...and counting...we have 11 1/2 weeks left. I can't believe how time has flown. My body has changed so much in the last weeks....I see how puffy my face is in these pictures :) Oh well...God's design, right? Anyway....we're excited and can't wait to meet our baby girl...parenthood is going to be interesting. I'm not reading parenting books, though. Too many theories and ideas. I figured between the women in our small group, women at church, my mom, Nick's mom, aunts and grandparents...we have more than enough people to ask questions and learn from....There is one book I want to read, though, and it's called To Train a Child. It's on discipline and--more specifically--spanking...anyway...I'll let you know how it goes. :)

Oh, check this out...my mom found a tub with my brothers' and my old baby clothes...she showed me the little pink dress she brought me home in...it's a premie dress...so tiny! I was 6 weeks early and 12 days in the NICU...I was a little over 4 pounds....how crazy?! Anyway....I can't believe how little this dress is......the picture doesn't do it justice....

2 comments:

Anonymous,  Monday, October 27, 2008 at 11:56:00 AM PDT  

"Happiest baby on the block" is a good book...it was given to me and I've referenced it often. There is a short video that was also given to me and that was really good to watch (especially for Russell) to give calming techniques. He was so happy to be able to do something and have some "tricks" of his own :) I'm working on a list of the "can't live withouts" to put on my blog and ask other moms I know to leave feedback for all the new moms i know! :) I'll let you know when i post it :)
-Sami

Melissa Tuesday, October 28, 2008 at 1:08:00 PM PDT  

That dress is so cute! Can birthing preemies be genetic? I can't wait to meet Baby Flies! We need a few more children in our lighthouse. :)

Labels

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP