12.25.2008

what a merry CHRISTmas! :)

Merry Christmas! :) This Christmas has been one of the most quiet ones I've had in a long time!
Every year we do Christmas Eve with my mom and brothers and step-dad. This year was no different. We went to church, ate some food, played Spoons, exchanged gifts and then my brothers and Nick played Call of Duty on XBox for a while :) My step-brother Devon and his wife Shannon came and spent the evening with us as well. It was a good night and we had a great time!
Today my brothers, mom, step-dad, and nephew went to Storm Lake to be with my mom's side of the family. I was on call for work, so I had to stick around. Nick and I slept in this morning (which was wonderful!). We spent the rest of the morning and afternoon putting together baby stuff, playing with baby stuff, registering the baby stuff we had (for recalls), watched Ice Age 2, and just enjoyed one another's company. I had a hard time b/c I'm so used to a crazy Christmas with people everywhere...but it was nice just to spend the day with my husband :)
We went to see The Curious Case of Benjamin Button later this afternoon....and then we had chinese for Christmas dinner ;)
All in all....while we had kind of a "lazy day", but it was good just to be together, talking, thanking the Lord for his birth and sacrifice...
We are so thankful and blessed to have such amazing friends and family in our life. We are looking forward to an interesting year :) and we are both curious and excited to see what the Lord is going to do in our life this year and how becoming parents is going to mold us (please bear with us as we go through such an overwhelming process....) :)
We hope you had a wonderful Christmas with your families....and even after today ends, I pray that we NEVER forget what today represents...the birth of our Savior--Jesus Christ--who gave an amazing sacrifice so that by his grace and mercy we can know Him. amen! :)

0 comments:

Labels

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP