12.04.2008

thankful

Last night Nick went to "daddy bootcamp" class at Mercy....it's a free class for new dad's where "veteran" dads bring in their babies and teach basics like soothing a baby, changing a diaper, swaddling, etc...so of course when I got to work last night I had to share this big of info with my coworkers....3 of them have kids and were all like "my husband would have died before doing something like that!". These statements had me thinking over the course of last night while I was working and again this afternoon.
I am so blessed. Nick is such an amazing man. It has been so much fun to see him get excited about learning baby basics and baby stuff....like when we were registering he had to play with and try out everything! He asks questions during our childbirthing classes. The other guys just kinda sit there, but Nick gets involved.....he did where the sympathy belly last week and it was super funny...his response to it was "I want to wear it for a whole day to get the real feel".
He has been so patient with me....through my emotional outbursts over rotten mango to my constant aching back....I couldn't ask for anyone to be more patient. I'm sure he does get frustrated at times, but he hasn't shown it yet. He is so good at reminding me that my limited mobility right now is only temporary.
Now I have to point in that he hasn't gotten more patient or caring since we found out we were pregnant. He has always been patient with me when I'm being difficult. He starts my car for me in the mornings....when we lived in the apartment, he would go out in the freezing cold to de-ice and de-snow my car. He folds laundry b/c he knows how much I dislike that chore. He cleans the house for me if I'm at work and won't have time. He keeps our cars tuned up and oils change. He vaccums. I don't. :) Despite all these "actions" he loves me. He prays with me. He seeks the council and friendship of other men of God. He is constantly seeking the Lord....he is so encouraging to me. He challenges me in my complacency. He is my husband and my best friend.
I am so thankful to have such an amazing man after God's heart!
Now, I'm not saying "my husband is better than yours". Most of the men I know are such neat men of God and Nick and I are so blessed to be surrounded with such amazing people.....most of the men we know would go to Daddy Bootcamp or clean the house or do the laundry....
I've just been thinking lately how thankful I am for my husband and how blessed I am. He's going to be an amazing dad and I can't wait to grow with him in that aspect as a parent.
thanks for reading my brag page :) Now i want to hear how amazing your spouse is! :)

3 comments:

Ben Robie Thursday, December 4, 2008 at 8:15:00 PM PST  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ben Robie Thursday, December 4, 2008 at 8:16:00 PM PST  

You should know that nothing in your post surprised me at all...and if you think he is patient now, just wait until after the baby is here! Patience takes on a whole new meaning. :) I have a feeling he will be the epitome of Ephesians 5:25. Good work Nick! Keep it up!

By the way, my wife IS the best and makes me a better man. And that's all I gotta say about that.

Labels

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP