2.26.2009

a day in the life of Adelyn


Wake up at 4:30a...squirm and fuss until mommy is awake enough to get me up to eat. Eat, burp, endure diaper change, eat, burp, spit up, burp some more...fall back asleep. Wake up at 7a...eat, burp, endure diaper change, eat some more, spit up, burp, fall asleep, wake up when mommy lays me back in the cradle...stay wide awake for awhile to see how long mommy will rock me...finally fall asleep. Wake up at 10a...eat, burp, endure diaper change, eat some more, burp again, maybe spit up, and go back to sleep. Wake up at 1p...eat, burp, endure diaper change, eat, burp...play with mommy as well as I can, rock, take a walk if it's nice (fall asleep on walk), run errands (fall asleep running errands), or just play and hang out with mommy in the sling while she works around the house. Fall asleep around 2:30p, wake up at 3:30 or 4p to eat, diaper change, eat, burp, doze a bit until daddy gets home....play with daddy until I fuss around 5:30p because I'm hungry again. Eat, burp, diaper change, eat, play with daddy, sleep. Wake up at 7p to eat, burp, diaper change, eat, burp, and then bath time. 8:30p I eat some more, burp, diaper change, eat, burp, sleep...mommy and daddy put me in my cradle around 9:30p...sleep until 11:15p to eat, burp, diaper change, eat, burp...sometimes I go back to sleep, sometimes I'm just wide awake for the next 2 hours checking things out and cuddling with mommy....I eat again around 1:30am or 2am....then sleep until it all starts again :)

*please note times are subject to change and are usually within an hour or hour and a half of the afore mentioned. A single feeding will last between 45 minutes to one hour (applies to breastfeeding only, bottle feedings last about 20 minutes). Spit ups and burps are subject to change in quantity. Poopy diapers occur once a day and are large in quantity. Fussiness occurs upon awakening from sleeping until parent acts to feed baby. Fussiness occurs when baby is gassy, trying to poop/toot, or is tired and fighting sleep. Baby does not have major melt downs very often (thankfully) and rarely reaches full out crying mode. All of the above can be frustrating at times (especially when parent is exhausted), but wouldn't be traded for the world.

1 comments:

Travis Thursday, February 26, 2009 at 11:44:00 AM PST  

Very accurate representation of the life of an infant. I love it!

Labels

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP