2.21.2009

6 weeks...

Adelyn will be 6 weeks tomorrow...I can't believe how fast time has flown and how big she's getting already!

The last 6 weeks have been exhausting, amazing, challenging and wonderful.

Nick and I have grown so much together over the last 6 weeks...and I'm so thankful for that.

Adelyn has been such a joy. We are loving parenthood and the joys and challenges of it all! :)Becoming parents has been an incredible journey and every time we look at Addy we are so thankful for her.

The one thing I have learned from these last 6 weeks is how to Trust....specifically how to trust the Lord. The first night home was the beginning....but every day since then I've had to get on my knees and pray for patience and strength...I have gotten frustrated with her so many times and it is only by God's grace that I have been able to remain patient with her...even when she is wailing and I have NO IDEA what she wants or needs!
My body has been slow in keeping up with her "milk demand"...I will go for days having to supplement with formula...and then finally pray that the Lord will supply what she needs...within the next 2 days, I'll start to supply enough for her...
Nights (especially the last 2) when she isn't sleeping...awake from 9pm to 4am...not sleeping and just wanting to be held...those are nights where over and over I have to pray that He will give me patience and to just HELP ME :)
I know this is babbling...I can't get it out right....I want to explain every instance where Nick and/or I have been so frustrated we can't stand it and I think one of us is going to snap...but the Lord gives us what we need so that one of us is able to encourage the other to "keep going".
At the end of every day I reply the frustrating moments, realizing how the Holy Spirit provided and enabled us to make it through another day :) And at the end of every day, I realize how I just need to TRUST HIM. It's amazing.
Looking back at this, it might sound like Addy is a difficult baby...she isn't at all...but she has her moments and when it rains if pours :)
I'm excited to see how she continue to grow...and I'm excited to see what else the Lord is going to teach us through this journey.
In the meantime...we're continuing to the Him and soak up every minute with our baby girl...
:)

3 comments:

Ben Robie Saturday, February 21, 2009 at 9:54:00 PM PST  

Reading this made me smile. I remember those nights, and just to let you know, Piper has been waking up for the last 3 nights crying about 4 or 5 times in the middle of the night just wanting to be held....it never stops ;).

...sometimes the grace of God is all we have as parents. We love you guys.

Anonymous,  Sunday, February 22, 2009 at 7:12:00 PM PST  

Everyday is different...I pray for the flexibility to handle it ;) I like routine...consistancy...the only thing that seems to be consistant is me on my knees praying...that's lie...I don't do it nearly as often as I should, but you know what I mean :) I can't believe she is almost 6 weeks! oh my! You're a great mom! CHERISH the times that you are holding her...it won't last long. Those thoughts are sometimes the only ones to get me through the crying...knowing that I won't be able to hold her and be the only thing she needs for long. the term "night-parenting" also helped me. recognizing that yes, I parent through the days, but I need to parent at night as well. Every night I close my eyes and fall asleep while praying for God to give me the patience I need when she wakes up. I'll send up a prayer about the breastfeeding as well...I remember in the first couple months I felt like it was hit and miss...when I stopped worrying about it and kept reminding myself to drink water everthing went fine and I still continue to nurse Tessa now at 7 months. Before long Addy will be doing things that will distract you from only thinking of feeding and burping and sleeping...that's a lie...the thoughts about sleeping will never leave ;) I love you bunches and enjoy the updates!!!!

Marti Monday, February 23, 2009 at 1:14:00 PM PST  

Hey you two...hang in there! Things do get better. You will start to get more sleep. She will fall into a more predictable routine...your life will get back to normal. It will be a different normal but you will get there...

Parenting is such an amazing thing. Isn't it incredible how we just have to jump in and try not to drown? Cling to each other and continue to pray for God's grace and guidance. He loves you even more than you love Addy...incredible huh? Take care!

Labels

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP