1.15.2009

I promised...








I promised I'd post some pictures. :) We've been having internet issues on top of Adelyn had an AWFUL first night :) Basically she was starving b/c my milk hadn't come in, but we didn't know it. I "fed" her for 3 hours straight and we had to hold her the whole time :) Finally at 4:30am we called the Mercy Nurse for some ideas and she suggested supplementing with an ounce of formula. We did. She chowed down and slept for 2 hours.....we took her to the Dr. yesterday b/c I noticed she was yellowish. She has jaundice from not getting enough food and then not pooping on top of it....so we're feeding every 2 hours now and she's doing better....I have food for her now, so we don't have to do so much formula...I'm thankful for that :)
We are in love and we are so thankful for her! It has been a neat week for Nick and I having to lean on each other when it's getting hard....God is definitely using this amazing time to develop our marriage and I'm excited for the next few weeks.
For those of you who can, visitors are always welcome...we just ask that you call first (and don't have a runny nose ;) ).......


5 comments:

Tracy Thursday, January 15, 2009 at 8:13:00 PM PST  

she is beautiful, congrats nick and abby. We are so happy all is going great.

brad, tracy, tate

Anonymous,  Friday, January 16, 2009 at 5:06:00 AM PST  

Abby! She's beautiful :) I totally forgot about milk coming in! Mine didn't either and i was worried as well...Tessa wasn't getting food and I was so concerned about it...sure enough, the next day it ALL came! :) I hope all is going well...remember...You and Nick are the perfect parents for her...God says so ;)

B + A Friday, January 16, 2009 at 5:25:00 AM PST  

It was so awesome to see you guys and Adelyn last night. She is precious! I think she has already changed from the hospital pictures! You guys are doing so great- Adelyn is blessed!

Erik Kallevig Friday, January 16, 2009 at 8:59:00 AM PST  

Congratulations guys -- what a beautiful baby! Hope you're all doing well.

Melissa Friday, January 16, 2009 at 12:17:00 PM PST  

So good to hear an update! Her eyes just jumped out at me - she looks so much like you guys! I love it! Parenting is quite the adventure, isn't it? :)

Labels

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP