7.12.2010

pregnancy...and some seriously crazy dreams...

{photo by Steph Flies when I was pregnant with Adelyn}

People have been asking how I'm feeling this time around (especially since I did not like being pregnant the first time around), so here's a little update for you :)
We are now 19 weeks along! (time flies when you keep forgetting you are pregnant....and chasing and 18 month old around!)
I've been taking alot better care of myself this time around. With Adelyn I let all caution go to the wind and gained a total of a whopping 60 pounds!  I still had 15 pounds of that I was fighting with when I got pregnant this time, so I don't want to gain a ridiculous amount of weight again.  My body was so sore and I hurt (especially in my legs) alot by the time Adelyn was born and I don't want to deal with that again!
I haven't gained any weight yet this time, but I'm definitely thicker. I'm at that stage of "is she getting chubby or is she pregnant?" Oh well...it will soon pass :)
This time around, I'm still REALLY tired. Alot of it is from chasing Adelyn. I do take a nap in the morning when I lay her down and that's enough to sustain me until bedtime :)
I've just recently reached that "I"m starving ALL the time" phase and am trying to make my calories count. Although, I do have a bag of doritos in the pantry that I can't get enough of ;)
Okay, let's talk CRAZY DREAMS. In my OB rotation in nursing school, I met alot of women who talked about having the craziest dreams during their pregnancy. When I was pregnant with Adelyn, I didn't have that.....this time around, though? HOLY MOLY.
I have the most vivid dreams and they are super crazy. I wake up having to reorient myself alot.
I won't go through all of them, but here are a few of the most vivid:

I got kidnapped by Bosnian men and they shot me in the head point blank. It didn't kill me.  I dressed up as a blonde resident in the hospital, but the hospital was like a mall. I kept running and hiding from them. When I woke up, I had a splitting headache on the side of my head where they had "shot" me. It totally freaked me out for a sec.

A loved one of mine died. The funeral wasn't for 2 weeks. Nick was really upset about it and started going through his old high school t-shirts to keep himself occupied. I took a test for school (???) and the professor gave me and "F". I had my brother-in-law and some friends from Central College look at it and they couldn't figure out why I failed. I took it to the professor to talk to her about it, but when she looked at it, the page was blank.

I was on a cattle drive (I started reading the Lonesome Dove series and I think this is where this came from). We were driving to get the cows through a fence, but these lions kept attacking them and eating them up. We were down to the last two cows and I jumped through the fence and locked the lions in a box (cardboard to be exact). The cows got through. The lions got out, but when they got over the fence to us, we hit them on the heads and knocked them out.

 Okay, those are 3 of the most vivid. I have a bunch more, but don't feel like typing them all out....plus it's just weird reading them! :) Anyone else have this dream issue?? It's not waking me up in the middle of the night or anything, so I'm not too concerned about it.   It's just crazy how I can vividly remember them and when I wake up I have to remember what's real and what's not! :)
In other news, we have our ultrasound July 30...and yes, we are finding out boy or girl....I can't wait!
Happy Monday!

4 comments:

Amber Flinn Monday, July 12, 2010 at 6:26:00 PM PDT  

You crack me up. I have crazy dreams even when I'm not pregnant! :)

Katie Chiaramonte Tuesday, July 13, 2010 at 7:41:00 AM PDT  

You MUST be having a boy! I had tons of crazy dreams with Roman and a lot of them were about missing final exams and other weird, no way that could happen, kind of stuff. Don't worry they only get weirder and more paranoid and then once you have the baby, you'll sleep like a log!

Anonymous,  Tuesday, July 13, 2010 at 12:17:00 PM PDT  

Hi Abby! Guest reader from Alan and Steph's blog here. From time to time I catch your blog. It's always fun reading about other mommies in the same stage of life. And reading about where you're at in your pregnancy and how your last one went... I can totally relate! It's nice to know I'm not the only "weirdo" dreamer these days! lol

Best wishes for a healthy, low weight gain pregnancy! :)

Steph's friend,
Kristina

Kiley Friday, July 23, 2010 at 2:01:00 PM PDT  

Isn't it a good thing that the weight gain is for a good cause?! I'm still hanging onto a solid 10+ lbs, not to mention I'm 10 times "softer" than before. :) Oh well! I can't wait to find out if yiou're having a girl or boy!
I had strange dreams during pregnancy, too - and a lot of them were pregnancy-related (like I had Avery and then lost her, or was swimming with her and could not hold on, etc.) Anyway, hope you guys are doing well and that Adelyn is letting you get some well-deserved rest.

Labels

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP