8.16.2010

state fair time

We went to the fair yesterday.  Everytime we plan to go, I get really excited and then when we are there it's always a total let down. I don't know what I get so psyched up about.
It was Adelyn's first fair experience and she did great! We went through her afternoon naptime, so by the time we decided to go home, she was looking ready to go:
The weather was fantastic! It was about 80 degrees and there was a nice breeze, so even in the sun it wasn't terribly hot...which was quite nice :)
We went and looked at the horses, sheep and cows...it was so hot in the barns, though, that we were there for too long. Adelyn wasn't sure what to think of the horses, she clung to Nick and wouldn't let go.
We checked out the petting zoo too and she loosened up a bit there.
John Deere gave it's employeed state fair tickets and coupons for free rides and food this year, so we took advantage of that :) Nick got his pork chop on a stick...
We also split a corn dog and a funnel cake and a lemonade :) I think we only spent $8 of our own money, though, so it was worth it! :)
Nick took Adelyn down the giant slide. She liked it. She had a smile on her face and her mouth wide open when they came down. I didn't know if she would like it or not... :)

I realized that if it hadn't been so INSANELY crowded and if I hadn't been having to keep track of Adelyn, I could have gotten some really neat pictures...but I didn't...maybe some other time :)
I don't think we'll go next year, unless JD gives us tickets/coupons again. With another little one, the heat and the crowds, this isn't a yearly thing for me. :)

1 comments:

Unknown Monday, August 16, 2010 at 1:30:00 PM PDT  

At least now you can cross it off of your "1,000 Places To See Before You Die" list!

Labels

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP