8.14.2010

stroller research

I have to admit, I'm a little disappointed that I didn't get any stroller recommendations :)
I did get a few through facebook and it was a great jumping point, so thank you for those of you who gave your input :)
I have been spending the last 2 days researching and re-researching strollers--double strollers to be exact. I have fallen in love with a dream stroller that I will never own (hmm...a month's mortgage for a stroller? I think NOT). The Bumbleride Queen-B to be exact. This is the one I WANT. But it's a too pricey :) But hey, I can dream, right? ;)
 I am not an outdoors jogger, so we decided that a jogging stroller isn't necessary for us. I do like to take walks, and both of these will do just fine. We did test drive a Phil and Ted at Simply for Giggles in the East Village and while it is a nice stroller, I'm really NOT a fan of having the second seat below the first. It's too low to the ground and my feet actually kicked it when I walked...that would get old real fast. (don't get me wrong, it's a nice stroller and I've heard alot of people really like them...it's just not for us)
We crossed off a side-by-side because even though there are some that are made to fit through standard doors, I just didn't like the feel of pushing it around. (again, there are people who really like theirs and that is GREAT...it's just not for us)  :)
We also tried out the Graco Quattro Tour Duo and holy moly is that thing HEAVY without Adelyn in it! My cousin has this one and she said it isn't bad, she's used it for running and puts her 2 boys in it...but that's the first thing she said about it, is that it is a heavey stroller.
So after quite a few hours of reading reviews and even today doing some test driving, we have narrowed it down to the two most PRACTICAL and least bank breaking strollers for us:












Both strollers roll/steer beautifully (as long as you don't compare them to the Queen-B *sniff sniff*), are sturdy, are not ridiculously heavy sans child, have plenty of cupholders ;) and can fit the carseat that we have.

I'm just coming to terms that for a long time I will feel like I'm steering a mini bus around *yuck* ...but that's what you get for having multiple kids :).  We are going to have to get used to taking up a lot more space from here on out..
We aren't planning on making our purchase for a few more months, so you can bet we will continue researching and test driving. When we are ready to buy a double stroller, though, I want to be confident in the one we are buying and know that it's what we NEED. 
If anyone does have any recommendations/ideas...or if you have one of the strollers we are looking at, we want to hear from you!
For those of you who are going to be on this quest soon, good luck :)
...and if anyone gets the Bumbleride Queen-B....can I borrow it? :)

2 comments:

Angela Saturday, August 14, 2010 at 3:23:00 PM PDT  

Good work on the research! It looks like you've got it narrowed down to some nice choices. We like our Graco one, but there are times that I would like to have a side-by-side, too, to give us the option of the babies being able to see each other. You are in for a lot of fun having two kids!!

alan and steph Saturday, August 14, 2010 at 9:15:00 PM PDT  

That Bumbleride looks AWESOME! Check Phoenix Craigslist too... and Ebay. You may get lucky!

Labels

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP