10.28.2010

another change...

With mixed emotions I gave my 2 weeks notice at work this week. With Nick heading to CA and us needing to get the house ready to sell and baby boy coming, we decide it would probably be a good idea if I didn't keep working.
This is actually something I've been thinking about and praying about for the last year. I go back and forth. I love my coworkers, I love what I do....I definitely have a "cushy" nursing job (rarely work Saturdays and holidays, never work Sundays...)...why would I give that up? I love the fast-pace of the floor I work on. I meet some pretty interesting people :) I like the occasional adrenaline rush that comes with what I do.... :)
I could never quite bring myself to say "I'm done".
Now that "it's done"....my last day is Nov. 9....I feel good about it. I'm excited to have more time with family and Adelyn before the baby comes...I'm looking forward to not having to work while majorly pregnant (it's hard to run around when you can't reach speeds past "quick waddling").
It's going to be weird not working b/c I have had a job of some sort since I was 14 years old (not counting the loads of babysitting I started doing when I was 10).  I've never not worked.  In a prideful way, I've been worried about losing my identity as a cardiovascular nurse. I know that I'll always be an RN, and I do plan on going back to work in the not so near future, but I know that people can view stay at home moms differently, and that's going to be hard for me. (sounds so selfish and prideful, I know, because it is!)
I know that there is NO shame in being a stay at home mom! It's the hardest job in the world, even being a full time mom with a part time job!  I'm working towards being proud of saying, in the near future, when people ask what I do "I get to stay at home and raise children and take care of our home and my husband"....that is definitely something to be proud of.
I pray that the Lord will help me step into this new experience of not working with grace and pride.
I'm thankful for my family and I am so thankful that I have the opportunity to stay at home with my kids... there are so many people who don't have that luxury and I don't want to take it for granted.

3 comments:

Nate and Natalie Friday, October 29, 2010 at 6:07:00 AM PDT  

I'm glad you posted that you are going to be proud to be a stay at home mother. I LOVE my job as a mom. Don't ever think you are not going to be working, you'll quickly find out you'll be working so much more. I'm more exhausted taking care of Elyse than teaching 120 kids a day. Praying for you guys!

Angela Sunday, October 31, 2010 at 8:16:00 PM PDT  

I kind of know how you feel because I experienced something similar when I quit working after Abel's birth in order to stay home with him. I felt at the time like I was losing my identity and my worth (even though I WANTED to be a stay-at-home mom). But, I soon learned that my identity and worth as "Mom" mattered so much more than any type of recognition or success I had as "Angela Squires, Personal Banker II." Enjoy your time at home! I sure do!

Love you guys,
Angela

Kiley Thursday, November 4, 2010 at 12:41:00 PM PDT  

Yes it's a hard decision whether to work outside the home or be full time at home... there are so many good things about either one. I pray that you will find SO much joy and purpose in being a stay at home mom. I think that's awesome. :)

Labels

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP