10.22.2010

California, here we come...

Long story short. We are moving to Visalia, California.
Wednesday afternoon, Nick was told he was being offered a TCSM (Territory Customer Support Manager) job in California.  This is the same job he applied for about a month ago (see this post), but it was in Washington state.
We didn't have long to decide and basically needed to make a decision that night. We knew this position was opening up, but neither of us it too keen on California (we like our seasons and chilly weather) :) so we didn't give it much thought...until they called wanting to hire him.
After alot of talking, praying and tears (on my part)...we decided to go. This is the job Nick wants to do, he'll get a ton of experience out there with the variety of agriculture that they have and this is the "adventure" we've been wanting for a while. 
His effective date is around November 15, but we don't know for sure when he'll actually be heading out there. Thankfully, he'll be able to come back here on weekends. Adelyn and I are staying in Des Moines for now. With the baby coming in about 6 weeks, I'm not travelling anywhere :)  We'll head out there sometime after Christmas.
The area, thankfully, is pretty neat. There are a few national parks nearby and we're right near the Bay Area. There is going to be alot to do and I'm pretty excited about that :)

I still tear up whenever the subject comes up (even now while I'm typing this I'm fighting them off). The thought of leaving dear family and friends breaks my heart. I know that this is the right decision as hard as it is for us. I'm also excited to see what the Lord has in store for us. Our plan is to be back in the midwest in a few years, so that helps too :)
So that's about it for now....we'll keep you updated on how this goes :)

7 comments:

Angela Friday, October 22, 2010 at 1:42:00 PM PDT  

Oh my! Congratulations! We'll miss you guys! Best wishes on your new "adventure!" :-)

Love you all,
Angela

alan and steph Friday, October 22, 2010 at 2:11:00 PM PDT  

We are so excited for you guys! What a great adventure. We're praying for you.

Nate and Natalie Friday, October 22, 2010 at 3:59:00 PM PDT  

Oh my goodness, what a big and exciting change! We will pray for everything to go smoothly and successfully. Would love to hear more details if free to talk.

Joab Meyer Friday, October 22, 2010 at 4:31:00 PM PDT  

hi guys! THis is great news! I can feel your pain/excitement. We moved to AZ when I was 20 weeks preggo and had to leave the mid west was VERY hard. I do know God is faithful when he calls his own to great adventures. It will be easy to look at where you are going or where you came from. But remember to look at the One who is calling.

Amber Flinn Friday, October 22, 2010 at 4:43:00 PM PDT  

No!! I mean okay...if it's what's best for you guys! But that doesn't mean I have to like it! :)

Anonymous,  Sunday, October 24, 2010 at 10:03:00 PM PDT  

YES!!!!

Let me be the first to welcome you to the bankrupt but gorgeous state of California. I can't tell how thrilled Jess and I are to have you guys just 3 hours away.

Kiley Thursday, November 4, 2010 at 12:39:00 PM PDT  

Oh I didn't know you were moving until today! I'm sad - even though we don't see you guys very often! Promise me that when you move back to the midwest, you come to MN!!! :)

Labels

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP