11.14.2010

random goings on...

Adelyn learned the word "no" last week....I liked it better when everything was "yeah" and "okay"...
She has also learned to say "Diyaa" aka: Diane (my mom's name and her middle name). She calls both mom and I "Diyaa! Diyaa!".
When we are at my mom and step-dads, I am obsolete. Everything is "papa! papa!" or "mama! Diyaa!"....no "mom"...she NEVER wants me! She didn't even let me to put her to bed when we were at their place...
I miss Nick...this last week is going to c...r...a...w....l.... by.
Zeb and Bekah moved out of their house this weekend and I'm really sad about it. They are still going to be close by, but it was fun to be able to just walk back and forth to have playdates or dinner...we are REALLY going to miss them when we move....
we are going to miss ALOT of people when we move....I feel like I've finally been able to put myself out there and develop great friendships, and now we are leaving....
I'm so ready for baby boy to come. He is sitting super low and I'm just plain uncomfortable. I don't like that it's hard for me to even sit on the floor and play with her!
 I keep envisioning my water breaking while I'm in the store or at home....I wonder what my reaction would be if it did break in public....I'd probably not be embarassed....I'd be like "booyah! let's go!".
I've been seeing Dr Tammy Watkins at the Livewell Clinic in Waukee this pregnancy. My back pain and sciatic pain was so bad, I was desperate.....quite a few people recommended seeing a chiropractor and I already knew Tammy from bible study a few years ago so I checked it out in August.....I don't know how I survived without her!  I've never been sold on chiropractic care for things other than fixing back and neck pain. The only time I'd seen a chiropractor before was in HS when I got whiplash at afterprom! :)  But I am hooked.
Along with helping with pregnancy pain :) Chiropractic care can shorten labor (yeah baby! no pun intended) b/c the pelvis is straighter and the baby can get through easier. I remember talking about it during my OB rotation in nursing school years ago....but I'm a believer now! ;)  Thank you, Tammy! :)
That's my schpiel on that...
Have I mentioned that I miss Nick?
I wish it would snow here. I like the cold weather. I like wearing my sweaters and slippers and drinking hot drinks...I'm not a  fan of hot weather....so summer in CA could be my nemesis.
Our home looks so different right now. We are getting ready to sell, so I've taken everything off the walls on the main floor and cleared the kitchen  too. I got new throw pillows and a neat (and soft!) blanket for the living room....looking around, I like the "bare" look. Not as much going on. I have pictures on the sofa table, and a vase with flowers, but that's about it for the decor. Upstairs I still have pictures on the walls and stuff....I don't know how much I'll change up there....if anything...
Of everything to be excited about when it comes to moving to CA (ie: national parks, hiking, walks, being outside alot, new experience, awesome vacation spots in driving distance!) the two I'm most excited for? A kitchen table and a back yard.  I can't wait to be able to take Addy outside and just let her run.....right now if I did that, she'd easily get hit by a car flying around the corner...
I'm excited for Christmas b/c we get to see alot of family this year :)
I'm tired and going to read in bed for a while....I've started the Twilight book....again....this is about the 4th time I've read them...they are my back up when I really want to read something, but haven't made time to go to the library :)
Tomorrow is Monday...bring it on :)

1 comments:

nealy Monday, November 15, 2010 at 6:59:00 AM PST  

Oh my goodness, Callie does NOT want me around her grandmas either...on one hand, it's nice that she loves grandma, but on the other, it's not fun to have your kid (you know, the one you've practically sacrificed your life for) not want you! She's especially mad at me when she spends extended time- like overnight. :)

I TOTALLY emphasize w/ the low baby...same story here. And they wonder whey we waddle. ;)

Good luck w/ the move...that's so exciting!

Labels

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP