11.08.2010

this kid is coming SOON

Two posts in two days...look at me go :)
I have a feeling this kid is coming sooner rather than later.....
He's definitely dropped a little more over the last 3 days and I've been having some CRAZY braxton hicks that radiate around my back (I had back labor with Adelyn, it was NOT pleasant).
I'll spare the nasty details, but my body is definitely preparing for labor :)
I'm nesting....at first I was in denial and thinking I was just on a roll getting my to-do list knocked down. Along with helping Nick paint the ceiling on Saturday (not the best thing to do when you're 9 months pregnant...I don't recommend it at all), I cleaned the fridge (washed the shelves and drawers, scrubbed the sides), cleaned the upstairs bathrooms, dusted, cleaned the kitchen, put away more of our stuff to get ready to show the house, and organized baby boy's side of the dresser. It wasn't until tonight (after my last day of work!) while I was vaccuming out the lazy susan of bread crumbs from the toaster that I realized "oh my...I'm nesting!".  I didn't really have a nesting period with Adelyn. I just remember the day before she was born, the pile of stuff on the bed had to get taken care of pronto...but that's about it.
Nick is going to be gone for 12 days in CA, and I've had to come to terms the last few days, that he could very well miss the birth of his son. I don't get teary about it anymore because it is what it is; Nick will get here when he can if I do go into labor. My mom can be with me and I have other family who can watch Adelyn (what a blessing to have so much family close by! California will be an adjustment!).
Wednesday I have an OB appointment so I'm curious to see if I'm dilated at all....
Of course I'm praying that I'm wrong and that he waits until Nick gets home.....but I have a feeling that I could be having this kid in the next week....so we'll see!
I'll keep you updated :)

Labels

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP