2.18.2012

cake batter puppy chow::abby edition

Like the rest of the world, I love pinterest. I use it mostly for recipes...I can't remember the last time I cracked open a recipe book...no joke.
When I saw this recipe for cake batter puppy chow last week, I was salivating just thinking about it! I love all things cake batter. So good.
The recipe seemed simple enough, but due to my own preferences and our grocery stores lack of supplies, I went my own way.
 Below is what I did, the link above will take you to the original.

1 box of rice chex
2 pkgs white choc chips {yep, 2}
1-2 Tbspn milk
2 Tblspn butter melted
1/4 tspn almond flavor {I was out of vanilla}
1/4 cup sprinkles {I like sprinkles}
1 box yellow cake mix
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar

Melt chocolate chips according to directions on package {I used a glass bowl over simmering water, but you can microwave too in increments of 30-60 seconds}.
Stir in melted butter.
Add milk as needed to get the consistency you want so it will coat the cereal well.
Stir in sprinkles.
Pour cereal into bowl and stir in chocolate mixture.
Stir until well coated {it does get thick...white chocolate can be a pain to work with!}
Put into gallon plastic bag {I had to divide it between two bags because one wasn't big enough}
Pour in cake mix and powdered sugar.
Shake, shake, shake.
Pour out onto waxed paper or baking sheet and let it cool.

Yum!

Just as yummy...if not better than....the original :)
Let me know if you have any questions...but this is a pretty forgiveable treat if you have to deviate from the original recipe like I did.


1 comments:

Labels

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP