3.10.2010

read this

I read this blog post tonight.
I agree with her, but I'm not excited about it.
I don't like that I'm going to be the cause of my daughter's tears. I don't like that she is going to get mad at me (right now, it's just when I put her in timeout or take something from her that she isn't supposed to have). I want to always see her smile. I want to see her laugh....but what good is that for her? What does that teach her?
She has been such a light and joy in our life. I love her with all my heart....and because I love her that I'm going to tell her "no". (I get it now, when my mom used to say "it's because I love you..."). :)
I want her to know that she isn't going to have everything she wants. I want her to understand delayed gratification. I want her to know what it means to work for what she wants. I want her to be thankful for and content with what she has.
It is only by the grace of God that we are going to make it throught the next 20+ years of raising kids. It's going to be a hard road when we have to tell them "no" so that they can learn and grow. I pray, though, that they will learn to love the Lord and desire to mold themselves after Him. That they will desire a heart after His.
Everyday I feel so inadequate of this responsibility...but apparently He disagrees because He gave us Adelyn and entrusted her life to us, spiritually, physically and emotionally....and for that I am so humbled and grateful.

0 comments:

Labels

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP