3.13.2010

sweet&sour short ribs


I made these ribs the other night at they were AMAZING. Think sweet and sour chicken meets yummy juiciness. I had never made ribs before, so I was pretty excited about it.
They were SO good. I think this summer I may try a grilled version...
Brush 2-3 lb short ribs with soy sauce. Roast in 350 degree oven for 1 1/4 hours.
While ribs are roasting, prepare sauce:
1c. vinegar
1c. sugar
1/2c. sherry wine
2Tbsp soy sauce
1 sliced green pepper
1 Tbsp cornstarch
scant amount water
1 Tbsp zested gingerer
1/2c. pineapple chunks (fresh is best!)
1/4 c. sweet pickles (I did not use)

Bring first 5 ingredients to a boil in medium sauce pan. Mix cornstarch with water to dissolve and add to sauce. Stir until thick and clear. Add zested ginger, pineapple and sweet pickles.
Drain off fat from ribs and spoon sauce over top.
Place back in oven for an additional 20 minutes.

*Recipe courtesy of Tasty Temptations: Inspired by world famous Tea Cups & Tiaras by Connie Bandstra

0 comments:

Labels

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP