11.09.2008

a sad day....

Yesterday was a sad day.
I had to take my wedding ring off.
My fingers have started to swell a bit and it's gotten harder and harder to get my ring off. At work on Friday, some of the nurses I work with were like "if you don't take it off now and you swell more, it's going to cut your circulation and they're going to cut your ring off". I'm thinking "no one is going to cut off my wedding ring".
So yesterday afternoon I was at my mom's and I had to soak my hand in ice water for a few minutes, then douse my finger in olive oil and after some super hard tugging and twisting, my ring came off. I started bawling and called Nick. I didn't know what else to do. I didn't want to not be able to wear my wedding ring!!
My mom came in the door a few minutes later and I started crying about it again.
Needless to say....I got a cheapie from Target....it's a ring, but it's not the same! I know not wearing my ring doesn't make me unmarried, but it's sentimental and that ring means so much to me!
Anyway....today has been better...I wore the cheapie...it's a little too big so it moves around and I'm getting annoyed...then I found an opal ring in my jewlery box that my dad gave me for high school graduation....I usually wear it on my middle finger, but I decided that's the ring I'll wear for now...it's a little big too...but it's nicer than the cheapie :)
In the meantime...pray for my husband...I think my mood swings are getting to him...yesterday I cried about my wedding band...tonight I almost started crying because 2 of the mangoes I bought were bad.

2 comments:

Angela Sunday, November 9, 2008 at 8:45:00 PM PST  

It's probably a good thing you got your ring off when you did! The same thing happened to me, and I feared looking like an unmarried pregnant woman. (Also, my fakie was so ugly compared to my beautiful diamonds, so I think pride played a part, too.) :-)

Oh, and I had to laugh at the thought of you crying over mangoes. :-)

Love you, Abby!

Anonymous,  Monday, November 10, 2008 at 6:45:00 PM PST  

i'm laughing...too hard to type...

you know its all with love ;)

Labels

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP