11.04.2008

Arizona...fun with Alan and Steph

Nick and I took a long weekend to Scottsdale, AZ to see his brother and sister-in-law...one last hurrah before we have the baby to lug around :)

I don't even know where to start. We love going out there to see them...it's always a fun and encouraging time and we are always so sad to leave! This trip was the shortest one yet, though, and it flew by so fast!
We hung out by the pool---I got to lay on my stomach for the first time in months on their raft!!(those of you who are tummy dwellers when you sleep or read...you get it)
We ate out at this yummy restaurang, T-Cook's. It's in this super nice hotel that been around forever. It had such a romantic atmosphere...
Saturday we did more pool time :) and then went over to Steph's Aunt Jane and Uncle Tom's. They have an amazing home and are such fun hosts. Tom makes the most amazing drinks...he made me a non-alcoholic pina colada..it was fantastic. Jane made some super yummy food AND I had my first glass of wine in months. It was a Riesling and SO SO good. Tom, Alan and Nick had football on throughout the evening (and the weekend!). :) Steph and I even got into the Texas//Texas Tech football game with them that night. It was a good game and I say if every football game was like that I would watch football more. :)
Sunday late morning we went hiking it was super gorgeous out and there was a wonderful breeze so it wasn't sweltering :) My feet and ankles got all swollen (of course) and I got short of breath really easy (baby likes to hog space and my lungs get the shaft now)....but thank you guys for being patient with me :)
THEN we had the idea of taking belly pictures with Steph since she does some photography (and is amazing by the way) I'll post pictures that she took after this (she also has them on her blog and picasa album)...
We made dinner that night and spent time with their friends Greg and Amy (who are super neat people by the way)....there was a little issue with the pumpkin bars :) but the meal was amazing (nice work, Steph).
Then suddenly it was time to leave and head back and now here we are...
Needless to say we miss them so much already--and I think it gets worse each time we have to say goodbye. Thankfully they'll be back in December around Christmas and we get to see them again. woohoo! :)

0 comments:

Labels

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP