9.16.2011

addy's and mason's rooms

{Addy's room is actually a dark pink, but it's translating reddish. The comforter I got last year on clearance at Target for $8(!!) The lamp is from Marshall's and everything else is from her previous room}

{the horse monogram is from etsy. The dresser and crib were Addy's. The crib bedding was from Target 2 years ago. The nightstand is part of Addy's dresser/chest of drawers set from craigslist that Nick stripped and refinished. The lamp is from Target.}
 Taking a break from the midwest trip posts, but not to fear, there are a few left ;)
Slowly but surely, I am getting the kids' rooms somewhat finished. It's driving me NUTS that I can't paint the white walls. I can hardly stand it. I would LOVE to paint Addy's room a really pretty grey and do some sort of stencil on one of them. (like this one).
Mason's room is pretty much done.
If you know my husband, then the decor of this room won't surprise you at all. :)
(since I took this picture, I switched the crib bedding from the stripes facing out, to the polka dots...looks way better)

The picture above Mason's bed, is a poster adhered to an art canvas. I didn't like the look of a frame, but didn't want to just tape the poster to the wall. I got the canvas idea from here.  Looks way better for sure. 
I have some new drawer pulls that I spray painted oil-rubbed bronze to put on the dresser. Nick stripped and refinished this dresser for Addy's room last year and I thought it looked better in Mason's room...plus we got another set for her :)
Addy's room is the least finished. We still have to strip and repaint her dresser and chest of drawers. I got them off of Craigslist right before we moved. I think we are just going to do a basic white and get some glass drawer pulls. Keep it classic. That way I can do accent colors in the photo collage, curtains and pillows. I want to find a fun rug too. I'm planning on doing some sort of stencil on the curtains. I found some grey curtains that I would rather do, but pink is what we have, so I'll hafta work with it :) I'm going to switch out all the scrapbook paper I have in the photo collage for more grey/blue stuff..eventually :) 
I'm also going to recover the pink lamp shade and take out the pink and green puff balls that are inside...maybe keep the pink, but add grey and white or something?  I'm not totally sure yet. I hafta work with what I have since my decorating budget is pretty much $0 for a while ;)
Anyway, I've had some family members ask for pictures, so here ya go :) Any project ideas or thoughts, I'd love to hear them! ;)

1 comments:

Nate and Natalie Friday, September 16, 2011 at 8:08:00 AM PDT  

They turned out great!!! Love them both, especially Mason's room.

Labels

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP