9.26.2011

new favorite past time

{oh my word, excuse the magenta overtone. I can't figure out how to edit it out...}

I love to read. If you know me, you know that fact. I go through books rather quickly (it drives Nick crazy). I will stay up until 3 am to finish a good book. No question.
A few weeks ago, I discovered a new hobby: knitting. 
I decided I wanted to learn to knit or crochet, so I put out a request for someone to teach me on our MOPS facebook page. About 10 other ladies replied that they wanted to learn too and then start a knitting group. One of the girls told us there was a beginners class at Hobby Lobby, so I went.
 It's so easy and I am hooked. Scarves and blankets are my specialty right now :) but the next class is learning a new stitch and how to "sew" the garter to make gloves, sweaters, etc....I am SO excited.  :)
I asked the lady teaching the class if she would be interested in doing a special class for our MOPS....I haven't heard back, but I am hoping she says yes...
Here's to new past times....
:)

1 comments:

Unknown Tuesday, September 27, 2011 at 4:07:00 AM PDT  

Ooh! I would love to learn! I wonder if our Hobby Lobby has free classes.....

Labels

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP